Cofounder & director Racines Casablanca
D ounia Benslimane is a medical doctor (2003) who dedicated herself to cultural activism and management. In 2010, she co-founded Racines in Casablanca (Morocco) and is currently its Development & Partnership Director.
From 2011 to 2013, she was in charge of the programming and management of “La Fabrique Culturelle des anciens abattoirs”, an independent urban and contemporary arts space in Casablanca.
Dounia is a member of several cultural NGOs in Morocco, Africa and Europe. She produced many reports and studies on cultural policies, artistic freedom and cultural management for the British Council, Freemuse, MedCulture, Istanbul Bilgi University, etc.
She obtained the European Diploma on Cultural Projects Management of Marcel Hicter Association (Brussels, Belgium) in 2014. She is an alumni of the International Visitors Leadership Programme of the US Department of State (2017).
Meet our advisors:
- Shahidul Alam – Photographer, Activist & Founder Drik, Chobi Mela, & Majority World
- Dr. Vishakha N. Desai – Special Advisor to the President of Columbia University
- Russel Hlongwane – Performance Artist & Vice President Kwa Zulu Natal Society of Arts Gallery (KZNSA Gallery)
- Susa Pop – Founder & Director Public Art Lab
- Jamila Raqib – Specialist nonviolent action, executive director Albert Einstein Institution, fellow, MIT Media Lab
- Cinta Watts – Creative director buró de innovación, Mexico City