Founder & Director Public Art Lab
S usa Pop is a curator, cultural entrepreneur, lecturer, artistic director and co-founder of Public Art Lab, the Urban Media Art Academy and the Connecting Cities Network. Having originally studied Design and Arts at the University of Arts, Berlin, and EU Cultural Management, she now curates and produces translocal urban interventions and creative city-making platforms which foster digital placemaking, community building and citizen’s science at the intersection of urban planning, creative technologies, science and economies.
Susa Pop is a pioneer in the field of urban media art. She co-published the books ‘Urban Media Cultures'(2013), ‘What Urban Media Art Can Do’ (2016) and ‘Creativity in the Urban Context’ (2017). Susa Pop holds worldwide lectures in the field of urban media art and gives seminars at the Bauhaus University Weimar and the Leuphana University.
Meet our advisors:
- Shahidul Alam – Photographer, Activist & Founder Drik, Chobi Mela, & Majority World
- Dounia Benslimane – Cofounder & director Racines Casablanca
- Dr. Vishakha N. Desai – Special Advisor to the President of Columbia University
- Russel Hlongwane – Performance Artist & Vice President Kwa Zulu Natal Society of Arts Gallery (KZNSA Gallery)
- Jamila Raqib – Specialist nonviolent action, executive director Albert Einstein Institution, fellow, MIT Media Lab
- Cinta Watts – Creative director buró de innovación, Mexico City